My day in bullet points:
- I wish a 30 minute chunk of time during my first and second blocks would go by even half as fast as the 30 minutes before the kids come. I get to school 30 minutes early and I swear it feels like 3. But then with the two blocks, some days 3 minutes feels like 3 hours. What gives?!?
- Thank goodness for my third blocks this year. My Day 2 third block drives me absolutely insane sometimes but I’ll always take them. They have way too much energy but are good kids, and if they see that I really need them to bring it down, they do. My other third block is almost the exact opposite in terms of energy, but they are also great kids, and I am always happy to have them after my second block!
- I have been waiting for this Friday for a while. I’m chaperoning a field trip and even though it’s not perfect, it’ll be a nice break and I’ll get to spend some time outside of the classroom with some really great kids. Plus (!) I had enough stuff leftover this week for a sub to do. Except, because of weather our trip tomorrow is getting postponed. 😦 And of course the stuff for the sub is more worksheet type stuff and I don’t want to spend a whole block doing it, so I have planning to do for tomorrow.
- It turned out to be a pretty nice day, so I went out to do my run. It was SLOW and I didn’t reach my goal distance, but I’m tired and I’m glad I just got out there and didn’t stop before I did
- I feel like I’m writing more in a bulleted list than I have when I was trying to write an actual slice.
I’m really looking forward to this time tomorrow. I have six more work days until Spring Break. Yay!!!